Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Your dreams can't last forever...

Or in this case, they can.

After much anticipation, I finally recieved my Neverender: Children of the Fence Edition Box Set. And its everything I had hoped for, & more.
The c.d's are perfect, everything mixed to the right level, with the few slight gripes (the crowd being a tad too low on some songs which to me made the whole experience even more amazing) being washed away by the sheer awe left from listening to any one of these nights.
The dvd's I haven't gotten to watching yet, with the exception of Time Consumer from night one. But its outstanding. The production quality of the dvd's is worth the price of admission alone. It totally gives you the feeling of being there (and for someone who actually was there, that makes it all the more special.)
And then there's the 80+ minute documentary, giving a look back on the band, from start to Neverender, which was & still is the bands biggest venture to date. Its a touching look back at a band that came from very little, all the way up to their current status as cult superstars. Featuring testimonials from family, friends, fans & former members (the return of Josh Eppard to a Coheed product is a mindblowing notion in itself), this insight into the band is a must for any Coheed & Cambria fan.

And so, I decided to dust off my Comfort Inn notepad taken from the hotel I stayed in during Neverender, to finally publish my notes on the highlights, for me, from Neverender. Done by night, these were my own personal reminders of what made the shows more memorable, what really stuck out over the course of the 4 days! So here it is, my Neverender retrospective -

The Second Stage Turbine Blade
  • Time Consumer ripping the place apart.
  • Hee Hee Shabutie.
  • The "Claudio" bit in Everything Evil.
  • "You know what's coming!"
  • "Motherfuckers!"
  • The story about Claud's parents.
  • Going nuts to Hearshot.
  • Iro-Bot - nuff said!
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
  • Mike opening the show.
  • The woah's in In Keeping Secrets.
  • "Pull the trigger..."
  • The intensity of The Crowing.
  • The "Hulk Hogan" bit in Blood Red Summer.
  • Bright lights & Blood Red Summer.
  • A Favor House Atlantic being SO badass.
  • The Light & The Glass bringing down the house.
  • 21:13 - nuff said!
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. I: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness
  • The "Angry Face" in Welcome Home.
  • The metal bit in Welcome Home.
  • The Woah's in Welcome Home.
  • "...your a bicycle."
  • Claud forgetting the lyrics to The Lying Lies.
  • Chris's 15 minute drum solo.
  • Going back into The Final Cut.
  • Talk-box vs. pickups solo.
  • The Willing Wells - nuff said!
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. II: No World For Tomorrow
  • Travis & Claud playing Milk Foot.
  • No World For Tomorrow wrecking the place.
  • Mother Superior stopping everyone's hearts for six & a half minutes.
  • Gravemakers being so damn awesome.
  • The Fall of House Atlantic choir.
  • The "King Diamond" bit in The End Complete.
  • "Hail!"
  • The End Complete's - nuff said!

Because of the Neverender box set, I will always be able to look back on this, on the best week of my life. Even now, nearly 6 months after those 4 epic days, I look back on these shows & smile, for the experiences had watching that band perform to the best of their ability & the experiences had in the queue's before the shows, whether it was talking about comics with Grant, laughing over the fact that Amy could barely talk, fending off Will & his wings, or even "Wait til you see my dick...Clap" those are experiences I will never forget.
So thank you to Coheed & Cambria. And thank you to all the people who accepted me while I was in that line, & at those shows. For making those 4 days so truly unforgettable. I owe you all for who I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment