Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bury them here, with a lifetime you would never regret...

So this is a blog eh? I have to confess before I dive into this, that all this was brought about by one Mr. Claudio Sanchez & his blog, My Shit Talking Machine. It wasn't until I read his ramblings that I decided to set one up myself. I'm usually good at rambling, so this should be a breeze, haha.

First things first, I need to get this off my chest...I cannot fucking wait for the Neverender box set! I have been on a bit of a Coheed binge of late, having not listened to them much since Neverender London, but now I'm back in the full swing of things, & I just want the box set right now! All four albums, on 4 live c.d's, & 4 live dvd's? Yes please! Oh, & an 80 minute documentary detailing the bands history thrown in for good measure? Oh my, your far too kind! This is gonna be the most badass thing in the history of badass things! Needless to say, I cannot wait to have this in my possession! I'm a bit peeved that I missed out on getting my name in the book, but I have my New York tickets, I know I was there, & a name in a book isn't gonna be anymore proof that I am loyal or dedicated to the band. Still, I am happy for all those who got their names in there in time.

My other obsession at the moment is Skate 2. Having bought the game last Thursday, there hasn't been a day when I haven't played it for at least four hours or more. It was no secret that I hadn't been the biggest fan of the original, & I was suprised when I found myself playing & replaying the demo that had been made available through the xBox Live Marketplace. As luck would have it, on the day the game released, my xBox stopped working, there was a problem with the dvd drive, not being able to read discs. So I sent it off, waited around for the longest 2 weeks of my life & finally got it back. Went into town to buy Skate 2...& no where has it. Not one shop in the whole of Kilkenny had Skate 2. So I waited again, patiently, to head up to Dublin to see Rise Against (awesome gig by the way), & after searching through 3 different shops, I finally found it. It really is true that things are always in the last place you look! But I got the game & when I got home, I dived right in, totally immersed myself & as I said, pretty much played it round the clock. Even after finishing yesterday, I find myself still totally stuck in it!
The big question now is...what the hell am I gonna play next?


Currently Listening to:
- The Second Stage Turbine Blade
- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness
- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow
All by Coheed & Cambria.

No comments:

Post a Comment